[Twisted-Python] Memory Usage Problem

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Mon Sep 6 14:34:26 EDT 2010

On Sep 6, 2010, at 7:31 AM, Ozgur Pekcagliyan wrote:

> I've tried to upgrade twisted version 10.1.0. But problem still exists. I will
> try to upgrade python but still I have doubts that will fix my problem. Any Idea?

Try debugging with a memory profiling tool like Heapy: <http://guppy-pe.sourceforge.net/#Heapy>.

My first guess is that this is simply a bug in your application, where you're leaking some objects, and may have nothing to do with Twisted at all.

Of course, it could also be a bug in Twisted, but if it is, you'll need to tell us what it is before we can fix it.  Since the first Google hit I get for "labris Python" is your first mailing list post, there's no way to try your code, and even if there were, it looks like a big complex program that I don't understand.  If you can reduce your memory leak to a short, self-contained, correct example, (<http://sscce.org/>) then we might be able to do something about it.

Good luck!