[Twisted-Python] Immediate removal of cfreactor

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Sat Oct 30 22:05:39 MDT 2010

On Oct 30, 2010, at 8:51 PM, exarkun at twistedmatrix.com wrote:

> Rather than removing it, we could fix it, but the fact that no one seems
> to be using it makes me think that no one with the expertise and
> interest will step up to so.

I don't actually know enough about the APIs in question to be sure, but my understanding is that the 'cfsupport' pyrex mess was added to paper over some holes in PyObjC, which have (long?) since been filled.  At least, I can import all the functions from 'CFNetwork' that it looks like we would need (based on the information here <http://bit.ly/bQWC3J>).

If someone wanted to do a real CFNetwork-based reactor, I think this means we wouldn't need to maintain any of our own C code.