[Twisted-Python] State of "insults"?

Nathan nathan.stocks at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 16:08:03 MDT 2010

JP, what's the current state of the "insults" module you wrote?  I'm
looking to bolt an ncurses-like client interface onto one of my
projects, and I didn't want to reinvent the wheel if it had already
been done, so some diligent searching turned up the "insults" module
you wrote.

There's almost no examples, and the API documentation seems to consist
of only method names (which are all very reasonably named), but not
much in the way of actual descriptions.

Is this a stable, portable module that I can expect to work on OS X
and Linux, or is it a buggy work-in-progress (or something in
between)?  Searching the list archives turned up almost no discussion
about it since 2007.

The biggest benefits I see with ncurses are that it's got tons of
documentation and I know it will work wherever Python works.
The benefits I see with insults is that it is designed to work with
Twisted and seems to have a decent selection of widgets, so I wouldn't
have to implement too many basic widgets.

~ Nathan