[Twisted-Python] Don't Thread On Me t-shirt proposal

twisted-web at udmvt.ru twisted-web at udmvt.ru
Thu Oct 21 05:36:52 EDT 2010

On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 06:12:48PM +1100, Tim Allen wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 08:49:37AM +0200, Marco Giusti wrote:

> > > I think the missing apostrophe looks bad.
> >
> > Stupid question from a non anglophone: why the apostrophe is missing?
>
> It's missing from Laurens Van Houtven's artwork because it's missing
> from the Gadsden's Flag artwork that is being parodied. As to why the
> original flag doesn't have an apostrophe... it's hard to say:
>
> <http://wiki.answers.com/Q/In_the_Gadsden_and_Navy_Jack_%27Dont_Tread_on_Me%27_flags_does_the_%27don%27t%27_have_an_apostrophe>

Uh... Oh...

That would be a good feeling of parody, but only for the US patriots or US history
concerned people (students or experts maybe).

As for me, that t-shirt doesn't say anything, since I
just have been introduced to the concept of "Gadsten's Flag", by you.

I think that design may be popular in US, but ignored in Europe, China or India.

Hmm, I talk like a culturologist...

--
Alexey S