[Twisted-Python] Announcing Twisted 10.2.0pre3!

Eric Faurot eric.faurot at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 15:57:21 MST 2010

On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 9:28 PM, Glyph Lefkowitz
<glyph at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:

> Hi Eric,
>
> Thanks for participating in the release process!  It's very
>  satisfying to actually get some feedback in response to a prerelease
>  ;).
>
> If OpenBSD were a supported platform, a bug like this would cause
> the release process to stop until it could be addressed; as it is,
> we will try to merge a bugfix into the release branch if it is
> available and reviewed in time (before next Monday).  Being a
> supported platform means that there's a buildbot, and that it shows
> up on this page:
> <http://buildbot.twistedmatrix.com/boxes-supported>.  Of course, if
> OpenBSD were a supported platform, this bug never would have been
> introduced in the first place, because we would have noticed failing
> tests immediately!
>
> Does anyone feel like contributing an OpenBSD buildslave, and
> hopefully also some more expertise for fixing bugs on that platform?
> Or, for that matter, any other *BSDs?

Sure. I have a couple of test machines for OpenBSD (amd64 and sparc64)
that are mostly idling, and that could be used for that. I just need
to know the procedure for setting up a buildbot, and I'll see what I
can do.  That would surely help me with the port maintainance.

Eric.