[Twisted-Python] More daemonize() / OSX API / USING_FORK_WITHOUT_EXEC_etc.

Erik van Blokland erik at letterror.com
Sat Nov 6 05:38:22 MDT 2010

On Nov 5, 2010, at 11:46 PM, Erik van Blokland wrote:

> Any clues to why pkg_resources would cause Carbon to load on one machine, but not on another?
> Any clues to prevent it these modules from loading?

FWIW, I found a workaround. The remote machine had setuptools-0.6c11-py2.6.egg, the local machine setuptools-0.6c9-py2.6.egg. Reverting to c9 prevents Carbon to be loaded with pkg_resources, which in turn enables daemonisation. The child happily runs twisted and quartz.

I'd still be interested to see how twisted / daemon / OSX API  is supposed to work with setuptools c11. But I'm happy I can continue.

thanks,
Erik