[Twisted-Python] major changes, release engineering, and learning cost

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Wed May 26 23:01:36 MDT 2010

On May 26, 2010, at 9:53 AM, exarkun at twistedmatrix.com wrote:

> On 08:44 am, glyph at twistedmatrix.com wrote:
>>
>> On May 24, 2010, at 7:42 AM, Jonathan Lange wrote:
>>> Also, +1 on the documentation.
>>
>> I think we should continue this discussion after somebody has done at
>> least one branch like this.
>
> Well, we did #886, right?

I don't think that counts.  I meant that we've done at least one feature that *successfully* used a set of stacked branches.  (I hope "stacked" means what I think it means here, and not some other crazy bzr thing.)  #886 is more a description of the failure condition here than a success.

#886 had one half-hearted sub-ticket, #3811, which eventually got abandoned and had to wait until #886 was merged to trunk anyway.  And lots of other stuff that I wish had been added at the same time for a coherent unit of new functionality (like the high level API) was spun out into a separate ticket because it was too hard to review all at once.

The high-level ticket in this case is really sneakily hiding out here: <http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/wiki/TwistedWebClient>.  (A few things are still open there but I doubt that this is still a good candidate for development under the proposed style.)