[Twisted-Python] Comparing "Stackless Python + Nonblocking Stackless Modules" with Twisted.

Peter Cai newptcai at gmail.com
Sun May 9 09:24:00 MDT 2010

Today, a guy gave me an URL
http://code.google.com/p/stacklessexamples/wiki/StacklessNonblockModules

It's a replacement of standard python socket module. What make it
different is that this module only blocks a tasklet, not an entire
Python thread.

With this module and stackless python, theoretically, we can build a
high concurrency network application framework which has a programming
style close to traditional multi-thread module.

The guy who gave me that URL asked a question, "Which style is better?
The Twited's event-driven style or the imaginary one?"

What do you think about it?  Of course, twisted is an mature framework
we can trust, but doesn't the imaginary one also have pros?

--
look to the things around you,the immediate world around you, if you
are alive,it will mean something to you ——Paul Strand