[Twisted-Python] SQLAlchemy, Twisted, and sAsync

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Fri Mar 26 02:20:36 MDT 2010

Matthew Williams wrote:
>  From previous posts to this and other lists, it seems that ORMs and
> threads don't get along too well...

What makes you think that?

> and, as far as I can tell, there's
> no way to get away from threads if you don't want longish queries to
> block your entire application.

Right, SQLAlchemy doesn't play nicely with *non-threaded* environments,
from my understanding, which may well be wrong ;-)

> It took me quite some time to piece together everything I could find
> related to sAsync (which seems to be a dead but functional project),
> so I threw up a quick Trac page for it at http://sasync.org.

Cool. What is it you're doing that needs to mix Twisted and SQLAlchemy?

cheers,

Chris

PS: I've CC'ed the SQLAlchemy list in as well as I think people there
may want to add to this discussion...

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk