[Twisted-Python] Log Rotation Blocks w/ Large Number of Log Files

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Wed Mar 17 10:12:12 MDT 2010

On Mar 16, 2010, at 5:34 PM, Jason J. W. Williams wrote:

> Given I've only used Twisted in the past and not contributed to it, I
> was curious if someone could take a look at my changes to
> twisted.python.logfile.LogFile's rotate() method and see if there's
> any reason the changes would be a bad idea.

The right way to ask this question is to open a ticket on twistedmatrix.com and put it into review (attach the 'review' keyword).  More information is available here: <http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/wiki/ContributingToTwistedLabs>.  Otherwise, unless someone has a chance to look at it right away (which is always unlikely) it will languish in the mailing list archive forever.

Be sure to check back on the ticket when you receive feedback, as approximately 0% of suggested patches are actually accepted as-is without some cleanup :).

Thanks!