[Twisted-Python] My twisted application could not start after reboot be cause of "twistd.pid"

Peter Cai newptcai at gmail.com
Mon Mar 15 04:32:23 MDT 2010

Someone turn off the server by cutting power of the server.
When the machine is power on, I found my twisted application could not start
and emit the following error.

Another twistd server is running, PID 3398

This could either be a previously started instance of your application or a
different application entirely. To start a new one, either run it in some
other
directory, or use the --pidfile and --logfile parameters to avoid clashes.

After I deleted twistd.pid, it could start normally.

I checked if there is process with PID 3398, but there wasn't.

What might cause this problem?  How to avoid it?

--
look to the things around you,the immediate world around you, if you are
alive,it will mean something to you ——Paul Strand