[Twisted-Python] SQLAlchemy, Twisted, and sAsync

Matthew Williams mgwilliams at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 01:16:50 EDT 2010

I have recently started a project using Twisted with a MySQL backend.
 From previous posts to this and other lists, it seems that ORMs and
threads don't get along too well... and, as far as I can tell, there's
no way to get away from threads if you don't want longish queries to
block your entire application.

At this point, I am using SQLAlchemy's SQL builder functionality (but
not ORM layer) and using sAsync to manage the threading. Does anyone
have experience with this technique and, if so, with what results?

It took me quite some time to piece together everything I could find
related to sAsync (which seems to be a dead but functional project),
so I threw up a quick Trac page for it at http://sasync.org.

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

Matthew