[Twisted-Python] stdio.StandardIO blocks?

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Wed Mar 24 05:22:39 EDT 2010

On Mar 23, 2010, at 10:00 AM, Willy Lai wrote:

> What I want, is writing stuff in the console, without interrupting the
> ping mechanism.
> (The pings and pongs in my case should continue to be sent while typing
> stuff in the console)

Without a *complete* program example, we can't really tell you what might be blocking. It may be a lot of things, from some very simple problems to some very complex ones.  Please see <http://sscce.org/> for details on what types of examples would be useful.

Based on your simple description, this really should work.  If it didn't, 'twistd' wouldn't be able to log to stdout and run a server at the same time (and it definitely can, I do that every day, at least ten times).

Thanks,

-glyph