[Twisted-Python] Get Twisted 10.0 in to Ubuntu 10.04 LTS

Jonathan Lange jml at mumak.net
Sat Mar 6 13:38:36 EST 2010

Hello all,

Ubuntu's "Lucid Lynx" is now in feature freeze, meaning that it won't
automatically take new versions of packages (see
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FeatureFreeze).

Since we've just released Twisted 10.0.0 and since the release is
awesome, stable, low-risk and a great thing to have in the next
long-term support version of Ubuntu, I think we should strive to get a
"Feature Freeze expection" (aka an "FFe").

I've followed the https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FreezeExceptionProcess and
have filed a bug at
https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/twisted/+bug/531977.
But I need help.

The FFe process requires a packaged version of the new release, along
with build files and what not. I lack the expertise to do this, so I'd
very much appreciate it if someone here who knows Debian/Ubuntu
packaging could please package the new 10.0.0 release and attach the
relevant files to the bug.

Thanks,
jml