[Twisted-Python] Does the default session expiry work?

Maarten ter Huurne maarten at treewalker.org
Tue Mar 2 18:40:59 EST 2010

On Tuesday 02 March 2010, Mark Wright wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 12:55 PM, Maarten ter Huurne
> <maarten at treewalker.org> wrote:
> > Maybe you are encountering bug 3458?
> >
> > http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/3458
> >
> > If so, upgrading Twisted would help.
>
> Thanks, that looks like a likely culprit.  Please forgive me if this
> is more of a Trac than Twisted question, but how do I go from a trac
> ticket to a twisted version number?  It's not clear to me from reading
> that ticket if 9.0 is good enough for me, or if I need to pull the svn
> tip.

I don't know of a guaranteed algorithm to find out in which release a fix is
included. If someone knows, please enlighten me. I think SVN does not make
this easy, since it copies changes around instead of linking to the original
patch.

Some searching turns up the following though:

tags / releases / twisted-8.2.0 was created 2008-12-28
tags / releases / twisted-9.0.0 was created 2009-11-25

Jean-Paul merged the fix for ticket #3458 to trunk in revision r26133, which
was committed 2009-01-28. So I would expect 9.0.0 to be the first release
with the fix.

Bye,
		Maarten