[Twisted-Python] Creating a COM object in a thread

Don Dwiggins ddwiggins at advpubtech.com
Tue Jun 29 13:13:32 MDT 2010

Itamar,
Thanks for the suggestions.  The documentation of win32eventreactor
sounds kind of scary, but still probably the best base to work from.

I did some searching, and found Thomas Heller's win32guireactor at
http://osdir.com/ml/python.twisted/2003-02/msg00190.html.  I'm still
naive enough about reactors not to be able to compare it to
win32eventreactor, except to note that it does run PumpWaitingMessages,
which is what Mark thinks is needed.  (This was posted in 2003; as far
as I can tell, nothing further has been done with it.)

Any advice on this?  I'm willing to spend some time to give it a try,
and to post my experiences, if it'll help advance the "state of the art"
of win32 reactors.

--
Don Dwiggins
Advanced Publishing Technology