[Twisted-Python] ANNOUNCING Tahoe, the Least-Authority File System, v1.7.0

Peter Westlake peter.westlake at pobox.com
Sun Jun 27 04:04:24 MDT 2010

[resending after the glitch with the domain]

On Thu, 24 Jun 2010 18:34 -0700, "Zooko O'Whielacronx" <zooko at zooko.com>
wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 10:35 AM, Peter Westlake
> <peter.westlake at pobox.com> wrote:
> >
> > I downloaded it and typed "python setup.py build", and it went off and
> > started building a copy of Twisted 10.0!
>
> That's funny. Could you please run:
>
> python -c "import pkg_resources;print pkg_resources.require('Twisted')"

It says:

allmydata-tahoe-1.7.0$ python -c "import pkg_resources;print
pkg_resources.require('Twisted')"
[Twisted 10.0.0
(/localhome/packages/allmydata-tahoe-1.7.0/Twisted-10.0.0-py2.5-linux-i686.egg),
zope.interface 3.4.0 (/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages)]

> >  Will that be installed on my system, or will it only affect the Tahoe build?
>
> (Brian Warner answered this.)

Yes - thanks to Brian.

> >  I can't afford to move
> > to 10.0 until I've had time to track down a certain bug that appeared
> > between 2.5.0 and version 8.
>
> Do you have a ticket # for that bug?

No, because I can't provide a simple test case for it. My only hope is
to get the source of Twisted and bisect, then see what changed in that
revision. I fully intend to do that as soon as I can spare the time. In
fact, it's becoming more urgent since 10 fixes some other problems.
Really I should be doing that instead of tryin Tahoe-LAFS, but you know
how it is...

Peter.