[Twisted-Python] ANNOUNCING Tahoe, the Least-Authority File System, v1.7.0

Peter Westlake peter.westlake at pobox.com
Tue Jun 22 11:35:42 MDT 2010

On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 10:45 -0700, "Zooko O'Whielacronx" <zooko at zooko.com>
wrote:
> Dear people of twisted-python:
>
> We just released Tahoe-LAFS v1.7. The major new feature is an SFTP
> server. This means that (with enough installing software and tinkering
> with your operating system configuration) you can have a
> normal-looking mount point backed by a Tahoe-LAFS grid.

Splendid!

I downloaded it and typed "python setup.py build", and it went off and
started building a copy of Twisted 10.0! Will that be installed on my
system, or will it only affect the Tahoe build? I can't afford to move
to 10.0 until I've had time to track down a certain bug that appeared
between 2.5.0 and version 8.

Peter.