[Twisted-Python] Punching a firewall with Twisted?

Stefan Reich wertiges.produkt at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 17 09:37:17 MDT 2010

Dear 'Twisted' experts!

I have a quick question that I am sure one of you guys can answer easily:

What I want to do is open an incoming port on the router that connects
my computer to the Internet. More precisely, I want my Python app do
that automatically.

In other words, this is about punching a hole into a firewall.

I know that this is possible because there are applications that do
that. Deluge does this, and Deluge uses Twisted. So I have tried to find
out how/where Deluge tells Twisted to do this, but the Deluge sources
are quite sizey, and I haven't found that particular needle in the
haystack yet.

So, can one of you people enlighten me here? :)

Thanks & have a nice day!
Stefan