[Twisted-Python] Review process, news fragments

exarkun at twistedmatrix.com exarkun at twistedmatrix.com
Sat Jun 19 09:08:45 EDT 2010

Hello Twisted developers,

Please take a few minutes to refresh your memory of the contents of
<http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/wiki/ReviewProcess>.

In particular, I'd like to draw everyone's attention to the requirements
for news fragments.  Since we introduced this part of the workflow, the
review requirements for these has been a little unclear.  Many reviewers
haven't required that the news fragment be reviewed (that is, if it was
missing, they would say "Please add a news fragment and then merge.") or
haven't kept the guidelines these files in mind when reviewing them.

I'd like for this to change.  Informative, consistently written news
fragments result better information being available to users when we do
a release.  This is a very simple part the development process but
effort here has a disproportionately large effect on the perception of
Twisted.

If the guidelines for news fragment content on the review process wiki
page are unclear or insufficient, please complain and we can work on
improving the weaknesses.

Thanks, and congratulations to everyone on the (now inevitable :) 10.1
release.
Jean-Paul