[Twisted-Python] loading intermediate CA certs from a chain file

Sury Soni ssoni at nextdigital.com
Tue Jul 20 01:13:44 MDT 2010

Hi There,

Does Twisted support or is there any way of loading intermediate CA certs from a chain file?

I have a SSL certificate issued by Thawte, but my system administrator says as quoted:

Looks like you may need to install an Intermediary certificate. Relevant certs for Thawte can be found at https://search.thawte.com/support/ssl-digital-certificates/index?page=content&actp=CROSSLINK&id=SO13881

I am not sure, how to generate a chain file and later, how to use it in twisted ssl enabled server.

At the moment, I am using following line of code:

root_ssl_service = internet.SSLServer(443, site_ssl,
            DefaultOpenSSLContextFactory(
                privateKeyFileName="cert/server.key",
                certificateFileName="cert/server.pem"))

Thanks in advance.