[Twisted-Python] Knowing whether spawnProcess did anything useful

Dominic van Berkel dominic at baudvine.net
Wed Jul 14 06:02:57 MDT 2010

On 14-7-2010 4:34, exarkun at twistedmatrix.com wrote:
> Without the reactor running, neither the pid nor the status will ever be
> updated.  The event loop is needed in order to respond to the event of
> the child process exiting.

<snip>

Knew I was forgetting something - starting the reactor would probably be
a fine idea, yeah.  The code I've got on file does all the subclassing
and even starts the reactor, I just blindly forgot to start the reactor
on the REPL.  That's what I get for copying the base of my code from an
example.

Thanks!
--
Dominic van Berkel
"You don't have conversations with microprocessors. You tell them what