[Twisted-Python] Creating a COM object in a thread

Don Dwiggins ddwiggins at advpubtech.com
Wed Jul 7 17:44:32 MDT 2010

  On 7/5/2010 10:53 PM, Hugh Emberson wrote:
> I got the order wrong. On further reading of the code, the COM object
> is created in response to a message from the Twisted thread, so at
> that point the event loop has iterated at least once.
>
> In my case the COM object is wrapped in a C++ wrapper that I don't
> have the source for, so I don't know exactly what happens in there.
> That C++ wrapper is then wrapped in a very thin python extension
> module which doesn't do anything interesting.

OK.  In my case, the "wrapper" and Python extension is Hammond's
win32com Dispatch.

Question: to your knowledge, would it work to run the message pumping
loop in a different thread from the one that creates and calls the COM
object?  I think this would simplify things a bit.

-- Don Dwiggins Advanced Publishing Technology