[Twisted-Python] loading intermediate CA certs from a chain file

exarkun at twistedmatrix.com exarkun at twistedmatrix.com
Tue Jul 20 09:47:14 EDT 2010

On 07:13 am, ssoni at nextdigital.com wrote:
>Hi There,
>
>Does Twisted support or is there any way of loading intermediate CA
>certs from a chain file?

Twisted uses pyOpenSSL for it's SSL support.  So you can do pretty much
anything pyOpenSSL allows.  http://packages.python.org/pyOpenSSL
/openssl-context.html documents the Context interface; in particular the
use_certificate_chain_file might be interesting.  However, I recently
had a conversation with someone who was using this method and still
couldn't get their chain certificate to work reliably.  I think he's
still trying to track down the issue.

Jean-Paul