[Twisted-Python] Twisted newb I can't add a cred checker to a Factory class

adamjamesdrew same theiklabs at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 16:40:43 EST 2010

class ProxyIncomingProtocol(Protocol):

class ProxyOutgoingProtocol(Protocol):

class ProxyFactory(Factory):

    protocol = ProxyIncomingProtocol

class SimplePerspective(pb.Avatar):

    def perspective_echo(self, text):
        print 'echoing',text
        return text

    def logout(self):
        print self, "logged out"

class SimpleRealm:
    implements(IRealm)

    def requestAvatar(self, avatarId, mind, *interfaces):
        if pb.IPerspective in interfaces:
            avatar = SimplePerspective()
            return pb.IPerspective, avatar, avatar.logout
        else:
            raise NotImplementedError("no interface")

portal = Portal(SimpleRealm())
checker = InMemoryUsernamePasswordDatabaseDontUse()
checker.addUser("guest", "password")
portal.registerChecker(checker)

proxy_factory = proxy.ProxyFactory()
# ??????? how can I add the portal to the factory?
internet.GenericServer(cometsession.Port, factory=proxy_factory,
resource=root_resource, childName="tcp",
interface=INTERFACE).setServiceParent(serviceCollection)