[Twisted-Python] Getting factory with AuthenticatingTelnetProtocol

Skye skyepn at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 06:19:17 MST 2010

Hello,

I used the code from this thread to figure out how to use
the twisted.conch.telnet.AuthenticatingTelnetProtocol class:

http://www.mail-archive.com/twisted-python@twistedmatrix.com/msg01581.html

(with the addition of av.state = 'Command' in requestAvatar(), it works great)

However, after the handoff to the new protocol MyTelnet, self.factory
isn't set.  How can I pass along the parent factory from the
AuthenticatingTelnetProtocol  instance to the StatefulTelnetProtocol instance?

Sorry if this isn't phrased correctly - I'm new to Twisted.

Thanks,
Skye