[Twisted-Python] Reactor events help request ..

Andrew Bennetts andrew at bemusement.org
Wed Feb 24 00:01:00 MST 2010

Watson, David wrote:
[...]
>    However, it appears to me that the self.sendLine(msg)  and or the
>    self.transport.write(msg) writing  functions are blocked
>    functions waiting for a reactor event to occur at a future scheduled time
>    before acutally flushing out the internal write buffers ..

This sounds very much like you are calling Twisted APIs from threads (other than
the thread the reactor is running in).  If so, that's your problem.  See
<http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/wiki/FrequentlyAskedQuestions#WhydoesittakealongtimefordataIsendwithtransport.writetoarriveattheothersideoftheconnection>
and <http://twistedmatrix.com/documents/current/core/howto/threading.html>.

-Andrew.