[Twisted-Python] twisted.protocol.sip

Landreville landreville at deadtreepages.com
Tue Feb 23 08:00:07 MST 2010

On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 4:06 PM, Lorenzo Mainardi <lormayna at libero.it> wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm trying to extend the class twisted.protocols.sip.MessageParser for
> create my parser.
> I had read the documentation and I found this: "Shouldn't
> be connected to actual transport.".
> What does it means? I can't use that binding it to a socket?
>
> I found also that many other object in twisted.protocols.sip are not
> complete and/or not working (some of that return everytime
> NotImplementedYet). Is it correct or I'm doing some mistakes?

The SIP implementation is not entirely complete. I've started a little
project of making a sip client mostly by subclassing the current sip
implementation and adding some things that are missing. I'm just using
it for registering and subscribing to notifications though and my code
probably isn't the best. I'll put it up somewhere so you can see it,
but I'm fairly new at twisted so someone else might say it is the
wrong approach.