[Twisted-Python] web page on doc...

Werner Thie wthie at thiengineering.ch
Tue Feb 16 17:58:59 MST 2010

...snip
> Well, I haven't gotten Lore to work (on Windows at least) in a looooooong
> time.  The only way I can get trial to work on Windows is by using the
> "Twisted Command Prompt", or some hairy PATH manipulation.
snip...

Not to my knowledge, I'm running trial on MSW with JScript and all
enabled  for Twisted itself and divmod devs Nevow too.

The simple solution is a trial.bat file in the scripts section and .pth
files for working with detached (not python installed) SVN controlled
projects.

The PATH variable must of course have an entry pointing to the scripts
directory for the Python install your using.

twistd.bat in the scripts directory
@echo off
c:\Python25\python.exe c:\proj\twisted\bin\twistd %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7

twisted.pth in the Lib/site-packages directory
c:\proj\twisted

Use this pattern for trial or whatever **x shell script accordingly.

Works like a charm under MSW, see also my post on divmod-dev concerning
using trial for nevow automated testing.

I never used lore in MSW though but will give it a try when being out of
that pothole I'm in.

HTH, Werner