[Twisted-Python] Sending jpeg data over TCP/IP

Maarten ter Huurne maarten at treewalker.org
Sat Feb 13 17:07:31 MST 2010

On Sunday 14 February 2010, Alexandre Quessy wrote:

> This said, sending them using a programmer's solution - not a sysadmin
> solution - would be closer to my own skills, so I am interested in
> knowing if this could be suitable. I think, though, that it would be
> faster to use a transfert protocol that would be implemented in C, not
> Python. Am I wrong?

I would suggest to implement it in Python first and then benchmark it. Maybe
the simplest implementation is already fast enough. Maybe the bottleneck is
the network or the disk you're writing to; in that case you would be better
off upgrading your switches or buying an SSD instead of writing C code.

Bye,
		Maarten