[Twisted-Python] web2 -> web ToDo List

exarkun at twistedmatrix.com exarkun at twistedmatrix.com
Sat Feb 6 08:34:44 MST 2010

On 4 Feb, 09:16 pm, ssteinerx at gmail.com wrote:
>While I see tickets in the tracker for web2 and others for web, I
>couldn't find a 'cherry pick' list of things to be moved from web2 back
>into web.
>
>Is there one?

Not really.  It'd be great to have such a list.  Any time anyone brings
up their use of web2, I ask them what features it provides that caused
them to select it or prevent them from switching to Twisted Web.  One
answer that a lot of people give is streaming access to uploads (which
Twisted Web indeed makes very inconvenient now).  There's a ticket for
this, #288.  The other answers people tend to give are "I don't know" or
"nothing in particular".  Sometimes they also say "HTTP/1.1 support",
but when further questioned about this, they can't actually explain what
that means.

So, the list of tickets for Web2 -> Web "backporting" seems to currently
be:

    - #288

Jean-Paul