[Twisted-Python] Lore to Sphinx Conversion Progress Report 5

Kevin Horn kevin.horn at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 13:16:50 MST 2010

On Fri, Feb 5, 2010 at 1:33 PM, Terry Jones <terry at jon.es> wrote:

> Hi Kevin
>
> I just tried building under Python 2.5.2 and got this:
>
>    $ python lore2sphinx.py
>    Traceback (most recent call last):
>      File "lore2sphinx.py", line 32, in <module>
>        from table import Table
>      File "/home/terry/s/net/lore2sphinx/table.py", line 214
>        row_lines = list(izip_longest(*row_split, fillvalue=''))
>                                                          ^
>    SyntaxError: invalid syntax
>
> From a quick look at table.py, I don't see the problem.  I have to go to a
> meeting now, so can't dig into it ATM. Also, I have Spinx 0.6.3 installed,
> not 0.6.4

That's odd...I have no idea what's going on there.  I'm actually kind of
surprised you even got that far...see below.

> BTW, why is there a Python 2.6 requirement?  I wrote all the FluidDB docs
> in Sphinx with 2.5 (http://doc.fluidinfo.com/fluidDB/).
>
> Terry

The original reason for it was because I wanted to use (and am using)
os.path.relpath, which was (according to the Python docs) introduced in
Python 2.6.  It also happeed to be what I had installed on this machine.
Since I decided to use 2.6, though, some other 2.6-only stuff might have
snuck in, though nothing comes to mind at the moment.

If you feel like modifying the code to work on 2.5, please feel free, though
since this tool should only be used "for real" a couple of times, I don't
think it's worth spending a whole lot of effort on, unless you just feel
like helping out and are stuck on 2.5.

Kevin Horn