[Twisted-Python] [ANN] Ampoule 0.2.0 released

Drew Smathers drew.smathers at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 13:32:47 MST 2010

On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 3:13 PM, Christopher Armstrong <
radix at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 1:59 PM, Valentino Volonghi <dialtone at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > After a LOT of time I am finally, with Canonical Ltd. (Aaron Bentley)
> help, happy to release a new version of Ampoule.
> >
> > The changelog is not terribly long, hopefully this means that the library
> kind of works well for most use cases :).
> >
> > Have fun!
> >
> > For those that don't know Ampoule (a lot):
> >
> > ampoule is a process pool implementation written on top of Twisted
> Matrix.
>
> You may want to read
>
> http://glyph.twistedmatrix.com/2010/01/some-common-onomatological-errors.html
>
> There's no project named "Twisted Matrix". It's called "Twisted" :-)
>
> Other than that, thanks very much for the release!

I think both "Twisted Matrix" and "Twisted Python" have sunk into the common
jargon amongst general Python devs, so maybe the only solution to the
problem is to stop being picky about nomenclature ;)

By the way, the only Google adwords advertising related to Twisted seems to
be on the broad phrase "twisted python", which is kind of interesting.  So
after a little research, I can only conclude that Wingware's Internet
marketing team is responsible for bastardizing the Twisted brand.

(Thanks also for the release; I'm really hoping to evaluate ampoule more and
maybe use in some future projects.)