[Twisted-Python] multiprocessing capability?

Alexandre Quessy alexandre at quessy.net
Sun Feb 21 20:00:49 EST 2010

Hello everyone,
I have done something similar to this, but I used the children IO
stream to control them. Maybe I should have done that using some
higher level protocol, such as AMP or PB.
(I think AMP is more robust than PB, though)
The project that uses the children IO and process protocols is Lunch.
See http://svn.sat.qc.ca/trac/lunch

2010/2/21 Drew Smathers <drew.smathers at gmail.com>:
> On Sun, Feb 21, 2010 at 1:43 PM, Darren Govoni <darren at ontrenet.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>   I looked at the source for the threads module and wondered if the
>> current Twisted supports Python's (2.6) multiprocessing threading?
>> If not, is there a stable package somewhere that patches Twisted to
>> support this? I saw one from last summer but not sure if its stable.
>>

> Hi Darren,
> I don't think there's any explicit support for multiprocessing, although I
> have seen some people using multiprocessing to run twisted in multiple
> processes.  This doesn't answer your question, but you might be interested
> in ampoule as this provides a nice process protocol implemented on twisted
> or specifically twisted.protocols.amp:
> https://launchpad.net/ampoule
> -Drew

Alexandre Quessy