[Twisted-Python] multiprocessing capability?

Drew Smathers drew.smathers at gmail.com
Sun Feb 21 15:45:55 EST 2010

On Sun, Feb 21, 2010 at 1:43 PM, Darren Govoni <darren at ontrenet.com> wrote:

>  Hi,
>   I looked at the source for the threads module and wondered if the current
> Twisted supports Python's (2.6) multiprocessing threading?
> If not, is there a stable package somewhere that patches Twisted to support
> this? I saw one from last summer but not sure if its stable.

Hi Darren,
I don't think there's any explicit support for multiprocessing, although I
have seen some people using multiprocessing to run twisted in multiple
processes.  This doesn't answer your question, but you might be interested
in ampoule as this provides a nice process protocol implemented on twisted
or specifically twisted.protocols.amp:

https://launchpad.net/ampoule

-Drew