[Twisted-Python] multiple versions of twisted on same machine

exarkun at twistedmatrix.com exarkun at twistedmatrix.com
Thu Feb 11 12:05:35 EST 2010

On 04:41 pm, kevin.horn at gmail.com wrote:
>FYI, this totally fails on Windows XP, Py2.6, Twisted 9.0.0...

This is an interesting problem.

easy_install identifies
http://tmrc.mit.edu/mirror/twisted/Twisted/9.0/Twisted-9.0.0.win32-py2.6.exe
as some kind of package it can install - maybe a self-extracting zip?  I
don't know - but that's not what it is.  This seems to be because the
name matches the scheme setuptools uses for naming certain kinds of
distribution files.

We presently are not distributing binary eggs for Windows, so
easy_install isn't likely to be the best installation strategy anyway.

Jean-Paul