[Twisted-Python] Handling of NMEA messages

Albert Brandl albert.brandl at weiermayer.com
Wed Dec 1 07:33:02 MST 2010

On Wed, Dec 01, 2010 at 01:43:40PM -0000, exarkun at twistedmatrix.com wrote:
> Perhaps the NMEA and GPS parts of NMEAReceiver can be separated from
> each other, so that your weather extractor can use just the former and
> ignore the latter.

That is not necessary, since I will also need GPS data. I just wondered
if it would be a good idea to add NMEA messages that have nothing to do
with GPS to the NMEAReceiver, which is in the package t.p.gps. This
seems to be misleading.

But tearing nmea.py apart and moving parts of it to different packages
looks like much work - not something I'd like to tackle right now :-).
Maybe I'll just create a subclass of NMEAReceiver and add the necessary
messages there for now.

> You may also want to look at
> https://code.launchpad.net/~lvh/twisted/positioning and see if it
> influences your plans at all.  It would be nice if we eventually
> merged that code. :)

It's kind of hard to understand what this repository is about. The
README file looks like a copy of the README for Twisted 8.2.0 ;-).

Regards,

Albert
--
Albert Brandl
Weiermayer Solutions GmbH      | Abteistraße 12, A-4813 Altmünster