[Twisted-Python] py2exe cannot find zope.interface -- fixed

Ray Cote rgacote at appropriatesolutions.com
Sat Dec 18 13:04:58 EST 2010

We're in the process of upgrading to all the latest Twisted goodness on Windows.
All went smoothly until we tried to build Twisted with py2exe. The final executable gave an error that zope.interface could not be found.

When we tried adding 'zope.interface' to the includes in setup.py, py2exe threw an error that 'zope' could not be found during the build process.

The trick is go to into the installed zope module and add an empty __init__.py file in the zope directory. The build process now recognizes that as a valid module and all is happy.

We found a number of people asking about this problem (not necessarily in regards to Twisted) but did not find a good thread with an answer. So, we're posting this in the hope it will save someone an hour or two of problem solving.

--Ray

--
Ray Cote, President
Appropriate Solutions, Inc.