[Twisted-Python] `easy_install Twisted` fails on Python for Windows 2.7 AMD64

Santoso Wijaya santoso.wijaya at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 14:06:15 EST 2010

I tried the exe installer, but with only Python 2.7 AMD64 installed on my
system, the installer could not locate it, unfortunately.

    "Python version 2.7 required, which was not found in the registry."

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Python\PythonCore\2.7 exists but
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Python\PythonCore\2.7 does not, obviously, which
is what I assume the installer looks at.

~/santa