[Twisted-Python] can I detect a child stopped?

exarkun at twistedmatrix.com exarkun at twistedmatrix.com
Sat Dec 4 11:17:27 EST 2010

On 03:47 pm, ndbecker2 at gmail.com wrote:
>Using processProtocol.  If a child is stopped (e.g., by SIGSTOP), is
>there
>some way to detect this?

The parent will get a SIGCHLD when the child gets SIGSTOP or SIGCONT.
Using sigaction, you can learn which process was affected, and in what
way.  We don't have a sigaction wrapper that provides this
functionality, though (the stdlib signal.signal actually wraps
sigaction, but it doesn't expose any more functionality than you get
from signal(2)).

Jean-Paul