[Twisted-Python] Running tests in parallel with trial
jml at mumak.net
Tue Aug 10 11:07:56 EDT 2010
On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 3:58 PM, Free Ekanayaka <free at 64studio.com> wrote:
> is there a way to tell trial run groups of tests in parallel in
> different processes? Something like the "-jN" option in zope-testrunner.
> Or alternatively, what's the recommended way to make better use of
> multi-core CPUs when running a test suite with trial?
In short, no. There's a longstanding ticket about doing this:
It would be pretty easy to kludge something together that worked for
parallelizing across cores if you're willing to sacrifice the debugger
support and a bunch of the other advanced things that disttrial aim to
* Add a way for trial to run tests based off a list of FQPNs in a
file, say, --from-list
* Write something that does:
* trial --reporter=subunit --dry-run | subunit-ls > all-tests
* split all-tests into N sublists however you fancy
* trial --reporter=subunit --from-list=sublistN
* Then something that aggregates those subunit streams into a real report.
More information about the Twisted-Python