[Twisted-Python] Twisted ORM

bmuller at butterfat.net bmuller at butterfat.net
Fri Aug 6 15:09:34 EDT 2010

Hello everyone,

I've just finished creating a basic Object Relational Mapper (ORM) in
Twisted (http://trac.butterfat.net/public/twistar) called Twistar.  The
goal of the project is most certainly not to duplicate the full
functionality of existing Python ORM's, but rather to provide a simple
interface to databases that obviates the need for writing SQL.

With the deprecation of twisted.enterprise.row and
twisted.enterprise.reflection, the only option right now in twisted for
database interaction (that I know of) is either via straight SQL through
adbapi|||| or via patches on existing Python ORM's.  The goal behind
Twistar is to provide basic ORM functionality but completely within the
Twisted paradigm.

The code is fully documented (via pydoctor) and the package contains
unit tests (which can be run by trial).

Who should I talk to concerning possible inclusion in twisted.enterprise?

Thanks,
Brian