[Twisted-Python] twisted.web in 60 seconds...why aren't these on the frontpage of TM.com?

Jessica McKellar jessica.mckellar at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 21:03:28 MDT 2010

Hi Jason,

I was up for revamping the front page until school hit, but in about a month
I'll be back and ready for action and happy to help with this / provide
feedback. You might find this IRC snippet about the front page relevant:

21:27 < jesstess> exarkun: so you're saying "Want an IRC bot? BAM follow
this link. Want a TCP server? BAM follow this link?" for the top 5 things
people try to implement?
21:27 < exarkun> jesstess: something like that, yea
21:28 < jesstess> exarkun: I'd be up for working that up.
21:31 < exarkun> jesstess: It would be awesome if you could work on that.  I
think it will help a lot.
21:32 < exarkun> jesstess: I think it's also important to have the website
direct people quickly and easily to the documentation they need.
21:33 < exarkun> jesstess: There are too many clicks involved now, so they
might not even find a new set of topic-oriented guides.
21:33 < jesstess> exarkun: I'll do it if you give me a list of the top 5
applications people try to write :)
21:33 < exarkun> jesstess: Doing something about that would be another
highly productive task.
21:33 < exarkun> ah, there's the rub.
21:34 < radix> 1. IRC bot that execs python code, 2. caching web proxy
21:34 < radix> 3. XMPP something
21:34 < radix> 4. MMORPG
21:35 < radix> I can't think of a fifth
21:35 < jesstess> does "simple TCP server" really not make the list? That's
why I first used Twisted.
21:35 < thijstriemstra> mimic skype..ish
21:36 < thijstriemstra> chat, streaming, authentication, porn
21:36 < exarkun> jesstess: not sure if it comes in the top five
21:36 < exarkun> probably the top ten though
21:36 < Screwtape> I'd say half the questions in here have something to do
with IRC bots.

-Jessica