[Twisted-Python] twisted.web in 60 seconds...why aren't these on the frontpage of TM.com?

exarkun at twistedmatrix.com exarkun at twistedmatrix.com
Wed Apr 21 20:48:19 MDT 2010

On 01:32 am, kevin.horn at gmail.com wrote:
>On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 7:53 PM, Jason J. W. Williams <
>jasonjwwilliams at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>I'd say the biggest barrier to entry is the documentation. And let's
>>face it...there's no reason Twisted shouldn't be used by more folks.
>>It's great...but learning it feels like a frat hazing. That's largely
>>because reading the docs feels like learning from that comp sci prof
>>who was smart...but wasn't smart enough to explain the concepts at
>>your level.
>
>The docs really are about to get a whole lot better.  No really, any
>minute
>now.
>
>The Sphinx conversion is not dead!  I've just been busy...
>
>And once that's done I think it'll be a whole lot easier to write and
>maintain things, not to mention read the docs.

So about the conversion, I wonder if we can start to generate the Sphinx
version of the docs on buildbot sometime soon, and perhaps host them
alongside the current docs, as the first step in phasing out the current
version?

How automated is the conversion process now?  Are errors reported such
that people could start looking at them and fixing the issues?  It seems
like you've done almost all of the hard work, and the rest is dealing
with some edge cases in lore or restructured text, and that might be
more easily spread out amongst more people.

Jean-Paul