[Twisted-Python] mercurial branch

Ivan Kozik ivan at ludios.org
Sat Apr 17 19:44:29 MDT 2010

On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 6:05 AM, Manlio Perillo <manlio_perillo at libero.it> wrote:
> Does twisted have a Mercurial (git is also fine) mirror?
>
> Unofficial mirror is ok; I just would like to avoid download entire svn
> history with hgsvn.

I keep an unofficial git-svn cloned copy here:
http://ludios.net/mirror/

The tarball includes all of the SVN metadata. To update it, you can:
git svn fetch && git checkout trunk

During a `git svn fetch` or another operation, you may see this error:
error: cannot lock ref 'refs/remotes/ctrl+\\-2371+2123-2'

This is due to a bug somewhere in svn or git-svn; to fix it, you can
recursively grep the .git/ directory and manually delete all references
to the branch. Everything seems to work fine after doing this.

In case anyone is curious, git-svn takes about 26 hours to mirror it,
because it restarts at r1 for several branches. I am told this is due
to the use of SVN partial branches.

Ivan