[Twisted-Python] data update to multiple clients

Chris Cusack chris at cusack.net.au
Mon Apr 5 05:39:18 MDT 2010

Probably another newbie question but after much effort I am not
progressing on the following.

I am trying to design a system where I have a microprocessor
periodically feeding data on a serial connection to a server script. I
would then like the server script to notify one or more client scripts
of the changed data across a local network. I have tried a few simple
tcp server and client script examples which communicate well for a
single call but do not seem to suit my application which is not client
event driven. I considered having each client connect to the server
every ?? seconds to query for new data but there may be a better way.

Can anyone suggest a suitable design approach using twisted? Is there
any example code available that may be similar.

Chris