[Twisted-Python] Very interesting....

exarkun at twistedmatrix.com exarkun at twistedmatrix.com
Mon Apr 26 11:51:34 EDT 2010

On 03:37 pm, manlio_perillo at libero.it wrote:
>exarkun at twistedmatrix.com ha scritto:
>>On 01:13 am, jasonjwwilliams at gmail.com wrote:
>>>I didn't notice the benchmarks...good catch. I was more interested in
>>>the conciseness or lack thereof with the various frameworks. Very
>>>surprised that Twisted was nearly as clean and easy to read as the
>>>Eventlet example.
>>
>>This comparison (in the blog post) makes the same mistake that many
>>such
>>comparisons make.  The division of libraries into the arbitrary
>>categories of "reactor model" and "coroutine" is artificial.
>>
>>[...]
>>And take a look at how eventlet and gevent are implemented, and you'll
>>find something that's essentially the same as a Twisted reactor.
>
>The only significative difference, IMHO, is that eventlet and gevent
>are
>able to schedule coroutines directly in the main event loop (since they
>have full control over it),

What does "schedule coroutines directly in the main event loop" mean?
>while with Twisted and Python applications
>embedded in C servers like Nginx, you have to return control to the
>"framework" (this what the x-wsgiorg.suspend WSGI extension does).

It looks like I misremembered the interface provided by txwsgi.  I
thought it let you switch to another coroutine directly, rather than
requiring that you yield an empty string after (the equivalent of)
setting a flag.  This seems to be more because of WSGI constraints than
anything else, though.

Jean-Paul