[Twisted-Python] Getting a synchronous interface to a twisted reactor

Andrey Fedorov anfedorov at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 10:50:29 EDT 2010

On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 3:21 AM, Phil Mayers <p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk>wrote:

> If that's the case, then the answer is "sort of" but I think you might have
> misunderstood Twisted a bit. The entire point is to have non-blocking APIs,
> not to want a blocking API.

That sounds like might be the case case. Wwhat I'm looking for, then, is a
way to use the IRCClient protocol outside of Twisted - in a way where I can
use it like:

connection = # something using IRCClient
msg = connection.privmsg() # blocks
assert msg == "andreyf: hello there, lovely IRC users!"

Are there any projects along those lines?

Cheers,
Andrey