[Twisted-Python] mercurial branch

ssteinerX@gmail.com ssteinerx at gmail.com
Sun Apr 18 11:42:11 EDT 2010

On Apr 18, 2010, at 11:19 AM, exarkun at twistedmatrix.com wrote:

> On 01:44 am, ivan at ludios.org wrote:
>> On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 6:05 AM, Manlio Perillo
>> <manlio_perillo at libero.it> wrote:
>>> Does twisted have a Mercurial (git is also fine) mirror?
>>>
>>> Unofficial mirror is ok; I just would like to avoid download entire
>>> svn
>>> history with hgsvn.
>>
>> I keep an unofficial git-svn cloned copy here:
>> http://ludios.net/mirror/
>>
>> In case anyone is curious, git-svn takes about 26 hours to mirror it,
>> because it restarts at r1 for several branches. I am told this is due
>> to the use of SVN partial branches.
>
> It'd be great if everyone who wants git access could share a single
> mirror (perhaps this one), to avoid the additional load on our svn
> server that creating a new mirror creates.
>
> The same applies to other vcs mirrors, too, of course.

Of course, if you made a "sanctioned" mirror in GitHub & BitBucket & LaunchPad owned by the actual project, then all these others could just fade away under the weight of an "official mirror."

That's not to say you couldn't save a ton of time by forking one of the existing ones, but making "One Repo (of each type) to Rule Them All" would be way helpful..even if it doesn't read as well as the original "One Ring..."