[Twisted-Python] Twisted and db table changes

exarkun at twistedmatrix.com exarkun at twistedmatrix.com
Tue Sep 29 09:11:29 MDT 2009

On 28 Sep, 01:07 pm, burslem2001 at yahoo.com wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I have a server that needs to track changes on a table database.
>
>When a table changes it needs the server accesses the table and send
>data out.
>
>Not sure what the best approach to do this in twisted. Do I create a
>thread in twisted and monitor for any changes in a table or can I
>create
>a callback method to be triggered when a change occurs to table.

There's nothing special in Twisted for this.  If your database provides
callback functionality, then you should be able to hook this up to your
Twisted application somehow.  If you provide some more information about
this, someone may be able to help you figure out how to do that.  If
your database doesn't, then you either need a separate out-of-band
notification when updates happen or you need to poll the database.

Jean-Paul